Sunday, November 15, 2009

So its been a few weeks...

So, just realized, wow I haven't posted in a few weeks.  Must be for one of the following reasons:
1) too busy
2) too lazy
3) nothing interesting to report
4) some form of a combination of the above 3!

School has been going well.  November is a wacky month for us, we never have 1 full teaching week either due to holiday, professional development days, or parent/teacher conference days.  I am not sure what class is up to what due to the added confusion of assemblies and trips.  My lesson groups are further behind than in the past due to missing so many lessons.  I am pulling out my hair preparing for this second grade circus we are putting on (trying to teach 9 songs in 9 weeks is not fun) for the first time -- and it seems that I am the only one even doing anything for this show -- and it wasn't even my idea!

On a positive note, my choruses are going to be very ready for the concert.  I was concerned, we have never done a December concert before (always end of January) and I wasn't sure how to simplify my program.  My 4th graders could perform tomorrow -- so I am adding sign language in for a song so we have something to work on.  My 5th graders are not as ready yet -- but we are at the clean-up phase.  The piece I am doing with all the aux percussions is finally coming together and not giving me heart palpitations/nightmares.

My whole podcast initiative is going well too.  I haven't recorded much in the last 2 weeks, but what is there is being listened to a lot.  I have had a lot of positive parent feedback as well.  At our Halloween parade (big whole-school parent event) I was called a rock star in few people's houses, an awesome-cool teacher that their kids are so lucky to have, and some other nice things.  I think my principal is even realizing how popular I am  -- just the other day he told me that I need body guards to protect me from the swarms of kids that are always trying to invade my space (I'm a rock star, what can I say?!).

So yeah that's it pretty much.  Upcoming events that might end up in blog posts:  2nd grade circus (mid-December), my winter concert (1 day before the holiday break), my holiday sing along (the day before the holiday break), HOLIDAY BREAK, auditions for the middle school musical ("13"), our All County Festival, and our All District Festival.

Ok enough rambling for now... until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment