Sunday, August 23, 2009

So yeah ... not so much

So the plan today was to start working on some new great SMARTBoard lessons for the 09-10 school year.  What did I do instead? Go shopping!  Well... new clothes are important for the school year too!  Isn't that more important anyways, looking good?  Well having a varied wardrobe is.  Last year one of my 4th grade beginning sax students noticed that I liked wearing this one black sweater-vest thingy.  Now, I never wore it with the same shirt 2x in the same month and I tried to wear it once every 2 weeks -- but either way, my not so fashionable, quite immature 4th grader noticed.  So today I solved that problem -- I bought a grey sweater-vest.

Okay if you are still reading this, I applaud you since this has nothing to do with teaching or music or SMARTBoard lessons.  Well, school starts in about 2 weeks and my plan for the rest of my vacation is to record all of the chorus acompaniments for my winter concert (which is 1 day before the holiday break this year, expect many a vent about that coming up), make some SMARTBoard lessons for kindergarten and fourth grade, make up the materials for the new 4th grade units I created, revamp my whole 1st grade curriculum (whenever my MusicPlay 1st grade actually comes in), update the class website, and maybe relax.

Let's see what happens.  Tomorrow is hang out with hubby day, then Tuesday begins recording.  Should be fun -- it always an interesting experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment