Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Short and Sweet

Just doing a quick random post tonight.  My original goal for this blog was to post at least once a week about all the fun things that have happened at school.  However,  my first week was a bit more tiring than I had expected and being sick did not help one bit.  So here is a short and sweet list of my first week of school:

*my feet forgot how it feels to stand all day....  (though they're getting used to it again finally)
*students do not age a lot in 2 months, yet so much more is expected of them once they enter the next grade...
*kindergartners are soooo tiny on the first day -- and they are sooo eager to learn and do whatever you show them!
*it is really nice to just jump into review activities, because most of the students have known you for years
*school politics = blech
*having a cold on the first few days, stinks!

That is just a quick summary of my thoughts from the week.  Tomorrow begins my first week of actually teaching brand new lessons and I am excited to share some of my gems with a new group of students.  Tomorrow night is also our open house.... always an interesting night.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment